Saturday, October 3, 2009

CD of the Day - "Pamela Rose: Wild Women of Song"

CD of the Day
Pamela Rose: "Wild Women of Song" (Three Handed Records) 2009

A very interesting "concept album" by singer Pamela Rose, focusing on the "Great Gal Composers of the Jazz Era." Produced & engineered by Leslie Ann Jones, with excellent liner notes by Lee Hildebrand.
Highlights: "That Ole Devil Called Love" (a lovely arrangement by pianist John R. Burr a la George Shearing), "A Fine Romance" (with a horn section), "My Silent Love" (in a duet with guitarist Mimi Fox), "I'm in the Mood for Love" (with Wayne De La Cruz on the Hammond B-3) and Pamela's own "I'm Not Missing You."
For more details:

1 comment:

Kbsidbury said...

Pamela Rose is one of my favorite artists and this is her best work yet. I heard her preview it at a concert this summer and loved it.