Thursday, April 2, 2009

Alexa Weber Morales' story has been optioned by Columbia TriStar

My favorite Bay Area latin jazz singer, the multi-talented Alexa Weber Morales, says she's still "shaking with excitement about it": the story of her life has been optioned by Columbia TriStar Motion Picture Group!

"For the past 18 months, since the release of my last album, I have secretly been doing something I always dreamed of: writing my autobiography. Those of you who know me are aware of the many fantastical and often tragic twists my life has taken thus far. This process has been extremely profound and has involved countless hours of navel gazing, journal reading, deep meditative thinking, interviews with my most heinous relatives and even encounters with paranormal experts..." she reveals.

To read more, click here: http://budurl.com/44t4

Btw, Alexa's band with Rueda Con Ritmo and Edgardo Cambon will be appearing at Senzala in Sunnyvale, Saturday, April 25.

And Alexa tell us about another (and no less important) subject:
"I am making progress toward my goal of raising $2500 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society. I have raised 30% of my goal, but there isn't much time left! Only three weeks to go till my Olympic-distance triathlon at Lake San Antonio (Monterey County, near King City), and less than that for me to meet my financial finish line. This wonderful organization deserves your support. Thank you to all who have so generously donated thus far!"

You can make a donation online and receive your tax receipt immediately via email.
Please click here and make a donation now!

No comments: